You are here
Test Your Alarm
How To Test Your Alarm System
- Call your Monitoring Station to let them know that you will be testing your alarm system and for how long.
- Go to your keypad and arm your system in AWAY mode with your four-digit access code, as if you are leaving the house.
- Open your main exit/entry door and leave it open past the delay time (approximately 60 seconds).
- Allow the siren to sound for at least 20 seconds.
- Close the door and turn off the alarm system.
- Set the system again in AWAY mode and set off your next protected zone.
You will proceed with this process for each protected zone that you choose to test. Once you are finished with testing all of the zones, call your Monitoring Station to let them know that you are done and find out what activations were received.
We recommend that you test your alarm system devices on a monthly basis to be sure that the system is communicating.